Tuesday, October 24, 2006

 

Tuesday Oct. 24, 2006 - worth the trip



6C/42F, clear sky, a band of pink in the horizon - brighter now - starts the day; our walk a quiet one, chillier than the temp. would imply

thanks to my former REIX Board colleagues for your recognition & appreciation – I enjoyed most of you most of the time, some not at all, some more than all the rest – you know which you are; I had a nice time last night, a beautiful beef tenderloin dinner @ the Ranchman’s Club (hard to imagine they would know how to cook fish!) + a plaque as a retiring board member; I really enjoyed 4 yrs but would rather have had another 4 yrs. than a plaque

some cars, tires & women get great mileage; remembering a woman’s birthday is, for some a complement, for others an insult – especially if they have a ‘thing’ about age - requires tact & diplomacy; if they all aged as gracefully as LM & SM (happy birthday) then they should not sweat the small stuff any more than they should be concerned about the next turn of another 100,000 on the odometer; they are not old, they are young, they are better than ever, today they are 1 day closer to a new future – so are you

traveling through Canada, traveling around the world or just traveling through life, I get to choose my destination every day, I get to choose traveling alone or not, traveling toward someone or away from somewhere – every day I get to change my mind, alter my destination, re-define my route in any way I want – this is freedom of choice, this is freedom to choose

‘All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.’ - Martin Buber

life is a continuous crooked path, the road is constantly presenting those forks that lead to surprises that both Robert Frost & Yogi Berra describe so well; I wonder, if we consciously try to figure it out, if we have one sweet clue about where we are on the path, or if it really matters as much as choosing to move down some path to somewhere

the next destination may show up in a minute, a day or a month; it may show up in the twinkling of an eye, be tucked somewhere nearer some bottom line or something we make up as we are going along

forward, or back, re-living the past, or creating a future – these are important questions

where are you headed ?

pointed toward today’s destination gives me no assurance of reaching it, ever, yet I’ll be somewhere down a path, somewhere further away from that which I choose to leave behind, that much closer to a new place, a new goal, a new destination

maybe, more important than where we were, the way we were or where we’ve come from, what matters most is where we think we are going

tic toc . . I think I better get going

‘A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving’. – Lao Tzu

I do not always know how I will get there, but I have hopes, dreams & desires - they are my destinations - whether I travel a little or a lot to find them, the trip is a trip like no drug could ever deliver

always worth the trip

Mark
339,724

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?