Tuesday, October 10, 2006

 

Tuesday Oct. 10, 2006 - Year 4, Day 203 - laugh with me



6C/43F, Gusta sniffed a rabbit at 2 blocks but could not see a fallen tree on our path at 10 paces as we walked under the remains of a cloudy moonless night

a long weekend – 3 days of solitude; a retreat?, a spa visit?, a trip?

in many ways, all of those

a sniff/wimp/cold/flu weekend ended; illness, especially on a weekend, does several things none of which can be solved by retail therapy, none of which are good; self indulgent pity, frustration & feeling miserable between snorts of Neo-Citron, swallowing weird shaped Tylenol & endless fluid consumption is enough to slay any strong man - 3 days was plenty; it was too risky to have dinner with my dad so we’ve postponed till next weekend

my body (I thought my recent focus on better diet, more sleep & working out might prevent these maladies) was resentful, shot me down like I was cheap toy plane . .

while I did accomplish a fair deal of work this weekend, I had some lucid moments to reflect on my plight:

my body is saying slow down

my body is telling me to say NO more often

my body is teaching me to re-set my priorities once more

everyone needs a cure for what ails them; I found mine

"Laugh at yourself and at life. Not in the spirit of derision or whining self-pity, but as a remedy, a miracle drug, that will ease your pain, cure your depression, and help you to put in perspective that seemingly terrible defeat and worry with laughter at your predicaments, thus freeing your mind to think clearly toward the solution that is certain to come. Never take yourself too seriously." - Og Mandino

I’m feeling better already, because the weekend is gone & I am not

I’m laughing at myself, I’m laughing at my life

I’m laughing at the bug that got me down

I’m up now, laughing & ready to go

Mark
340,060

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?