Monday, October 23, 2006

 

Oct. 23 Comments – just yesterday

Hi Mark, I have been reading your musings over the past couple of months. I find myself looking forward to each new one. It is a wonderful gift to be able to write out your thoughts and also to take a thought and run with it. I would think that ability provides you with a much clearer understanding of who you are and where you are at this point in your life. I think most of us are searching but don't necessarily know what it is we are searching for. Mid life changes are challenging especially when your children are grown up and move away. I miss the daily contact and sharing in their lives. But I am blessed with Gracie - my beautiful, loving Golden Retriever. We too walk everyday and that is such a pleasure. We run in the morning at 5:30 before going to work and then it is off to the off leash park at the end of the day for ball chasing and frolicking with her friends. I find too that when you look at your parents you wonder when it was that they became old. It is wonderful your Dad is in Calgary and you spend time with him. My parents live in the east so for me it is a flight down there 3 to 4 times a year - I would enjoy them being in the same city. It is always a pleasure to get together with friends both new and old. Very important. Have a wonderful, insightful week, GT, Calgary
. . .
I just noticed that in your new picture, between the siding of the house and the tree, is a triangle of white that leads up to your musing,...just like the triangles below the cartoon character balloons leading to their voice parts. How very appropriate,...... Have a great day, AK, Calgary
. . .
Thanks for sharing the story about dinner with your Dad... 5 operations??? Yikes! Interesting how chemical and Medical profession actually impacts the health of all of us, in the aging process... This is why I am a proponent of the Chinese medicine model... I watched with horror ( and inability to interfere) how the Medical profession treated my aging father a few years ago... He was 92 and still living in his own home, mowing his own lawn, and driving to Coop and home with agility, FA, Calgary
. . .
RE: to sleep over - Oct. 22 musing - Congrats - you silver-tongued devil! KK Calgary


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?