Friday, October 20, 2006

 

Oct. 20 Comments – vantage point


a human 'being' vs a human 'doing'?, JP, Calgary -- A lovely frisson of connectivity for me with your words, JP. Thanks for sharing, VJP, DeWinton
. . .
In respect to "vantage point" - I truly believe suffering + adversity = clarity/truth (what 'is') . . . a slow but sure stripping away of Maya/illusion, our 'false'-self, our 'created after the image of the world'-self . . . suffering and adversity quenches our desire for all created things - nothing remains - self-less, primal oneness, perfect love . . . Perhaps the acceptance of this universal truth by 'choice' rather than by 'force' (and that without warning) would be a good thing to consider? JP-Calgary
. . .
Mark: Oh my goodness, your musings are so understood! Nice to meet a man who has some depth, AH, Calgary
. . .
‘A truly giving consciousness is the creative alternative to the worldly emphasis on winning through intimidation or succeeding through positive selfishness. It is the better way. And a committed giver is an incurably happy person, a secure person, a satisfied person, and a prosperous person.’ - Eric Butterworth in Spiritual Economics; I thought you might like this quote. I just realized it was Friday. Life seems to be moving by me in warp speed and I am not entirely sure I am enjoying it right now so your musings were once again right on target for me. I vowed that I would never put myself in this place of frenetic activity again. The good thing this time is my mind seems to be foggy. I thought about withdrawing from it all as I laid in bed last night. This morning I am rested and refreshed and gave myself the discipline and focus lecture. Go to work, be of service and enjoy life. On another note the Tuvian Throat Singers are sold out so the next I find out they are coming to Calgary I will buy tickets early. Hope you have great day and a lovely dinner with your girls, DB, Red Deer

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?