Tuesday, September 05, 2006

 

Tuesday Sept. 5, 2006 - Year 4, Day 168 - new shoes



13C/55F in south Calgary this morning, sunny & light breeze; it was interesting this morning, Gusta scouring the lagoon edge for signs of geese since those honkers were making noise all night; maybe they were having some kind of labour day rally for oppressed geese, but no sign of them this morning

watching high school kids at the bus stop with their back-packs, cell phones, pagers, new sneakers & recently mown hair – some things never change, but I remember talking with people at the bus stop, now it seems the thing to do is to be on the phone talking to someone, I presume, at some other bus stop

bus riding, my recollection of high school days, was the effort always to take a full seat near the front of the bus in hopes that, whether or not the bus was full, some girl I liked might get on and choose to sit next to me; it failed far more often than it worked but it was worth it when some dream chick sat next to me – but then, the tongue-tied teenager I was could barely squeak out a ‘hi’ or respond to something they would say which rarely

back to school days were always ambitious, feeling good, feeling older, feeling smarter days; the euphoria settled quickly but I remember those first days fondly

maybe those of us who long ago left school could use some of that ‘first day of school’ attitude from time to time; like before it alone may not give us a lasting lift, but it is a pretty nice way to start

I believe buying new shoes was always part of the magic

Mark
340,900

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?