Tuesday, September 26, 2006

 

Tuesday Sept. 26, 2006 - Year 4, Day 189 - dilemma

10C/51F, clear, calm, overcast – the 200 geese who honked up a storm on the lagoon late yesterday are gone; Gusta sniffed everywhere but found not a one – later there will be more as it appears there must be a rest-stop sign up there somewhere

the crowd much much older than we at the Neil Sedaka concert last night – interesting - pizza @ Nick’s after & SB’s company made it all worthwhile

Bambi's mother (not to be confused with Ted Morton's wife) said 'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'; there is a time I suppose to be Bambi's mom, then again, there is a time to forget children's story value teaching & tell it like it is

‘Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better.’ – Sydney Harris

directness, honesty, clarity & expressing opinions are always right, right?

I’m not so sure

do people really want to know the truth or do they really want to say ‘I want the truth’ when they really mean ‘don’t tell me the truth because then I will be torn between the truth & what I want to do, plus, you will know the choice I make’?

this ‘should I tell it the way I see it’ vs. ‘be nice’ dilemma transcends business & personal relationships

the clear vs. the indelicate, the truth vs. perception, the way it is vs. the way we wish it was; the handling of which can have a direct impact on any relationship, often detrimental

not necessarily to speak out – but then again, if truth telling really damages any relationship, one has to wonder what kind of relationship it was in the first place

or wonder, what kind of relationship might it ever be?

my dilemma just this moment, is that I gotta run . . . . breakfast with MW

Mark
340,396

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?