Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 

Tuesday Sept. 19, 2006 - Year 4, Day 182 - changing directions

3C/38F, calm under a fog blanket muffles traffic noise in the distance as small geese formations honk their way though training flights, constantly changing direction; Gusta wagged & sniffed at familiar dogs, ho-hum great to be home but shi is unimpressed by our usual park route after yesterday’s romp in Hawrelak Park

perhaps the wisdom of ancient Sufi poets from Persia hold the answer

‘It may be that the satisfaction I need depends on my going away, so that when I’ve gone and come back, I’ll find it at home’. – Jalal ad-Din Rumi (1207-1273)

last night I steered myself home, the trip to Edmonton & back is a bit of a blurrrrrr, good trip, good meetings, as short visit with Carla, dinner @ Louisiana Purchase with Krista + some loot from Bonton Bakery followed a busy day in Edmonton, a client meeting & reconnecting myself with some people there seems strange now, less like going home & more like going to visit some place I used to know but so much has changed direction

or maybe, just maybe, it is the think time that a 6 hr. round trip drive provides; time to examine the directions I travel; I regret not one of the directions I’ve taken, the paths I’ve traveled though sometimes I really wish I had been more alert about my options at a much earlier age – but then, I wouldn’t be the me that I am

Mark
340,564

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?