Sunday, September 10, 2006

 

Sunday Sept. 10, 2006 - Year 4, Day 173 - farewell Provost



15C/59F, sunny with a steady breeze; we are back at home in Calgary after an early start (4:30) a 4 hour drive home under the stars ending with a glorious red sunrise in the rear view mirror; we dodged porcupines both live & dead, 4 times deer played chicken with the headlights but they failed to connect - no venison tonight

my meeting yesterday went well I suppose; 10 minutes inspiration, 8 hours perspiration; some things normal, some weird; some learning, some mind-numbing/struggle to keep eyes open stuff too ending in some weird ceremony with candles involved; I passed . . saving my candle from a certain death

I drove around Provost & its mirror town across the border (Macklin, Saskatchewan) last evening; community pride so evident everywhere in Provost, not so in Macklin which is odd given so many similarities, history & mirror economies of agriculture, oil & gas, regional hub for schools & medical services . . hhmm

nice to get away, nice to be home

coming home to an empty fridge, piles of laundry & piles of files on my desk tell you what kind of day & evening I am going to have . .

laundry underway, work prioritized, time to visit the gym & grocery store

8 hours driving with Gusta as my only companion offered lots of time to listen (I took some tapes along) to things I seem to not set aside enough time for & time to ponder things I don’t think about as often as I might - thoughts of country-life/weekend getaway places (memories of ‘Letters from Wingfield Farm’) continue to inspire; while I loved the country around Consort it is just too far; though somewhere near Drumheller may have potential worthy of further exploration

Mark
340,780

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?