Tuesday, September 05, 2006

 

Sept. 5 Comments re: new shoes

I get an urge to buy stationary every September!! At work I suppress the desire to start a new log book or acquire other stuff from the stationary cabinet when I don't really need them. Perhaps it is part of having spent so many years in school and then having a child in school but the sense of renewal or wanting to start fresh is much stronger for me in September then it is at New Years. Kind of a strange dichotomy to feel this way when this is the start of the season for endings; summer to wind down, outdoor plants to start dying, trees to turn colour, birds to prepare to head south and the winter to come to loom larger and larger in our consciousness. BB, Calgary
. . .
Hi – I love the new books. It’s so exciting to get those texts and look through them with all the excitement of what you are going to learn. Unfortunately too many of the teachers, instructors, professors were the wet cold blanket on that excitement. That came crashing back to me today as I was “orientated” to college. It’s already started I walked out on the orientation….. is this a bad start? Reminds of high school, college, university, relationships, marriages etc, I got what I came for …. New books and left. Classes start tomorrow and I am excited. I even found myself checking out the boys…. Some things never change., DB, Red Deer
. . .
Hey Mark....very much liked the comments you included from BB (Sept 1). Thoughtful and profound. Certainly gave me something to think about. With thanks....., TL, Calgary
. . .
Hi Mark, Happy Tuesday! would you please unsubscribe RS until further notice - he's out of the country for several weeks and all his emails are coming to me - which in essence means I get 'double' everything from Mark!!!! Much appreciated - have a great week! regards, JF, Calgary

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?