Thursday, September 28, 2006

 

Sept. 29 Comments – critically speaking

Hi Mark, It was a real pleasure to sit down and talk with you yesterday. Not meaning to be exclusionary, I feel I have now joined a subset of musers who have had the privilege of being part of an inner circle – meeting you as well as reading your musings. If we can work together, all the better! Cheers, SB, Calgary
. . .
Sometimes Mark, I think that it is a gender thing, women tend to critique themselves much harsher than men, which speaks volumes about why we have so many eating disorders and reliance on self medicating with other substances. I know I speak in generalities here, but we women really tend to buy into the advertising that says we are less (less worthy, less acceptable, less lovable etc) if we don't fit that mold. I see that on a yearly basis when doing annual self evaluations, men tend to step up to the plate and say first and foremost, here are my strengths, whereas women tend to come at it from, here is what I want to improve most angle. I am thankful for circumstances in my life early on, that made me able to review and evaluate my less successful endeavors and really embrace my achievements, to the point where on several occasions I have pondered about becoming a life coach for woman to teach that very trait. Would it makes us more acceptable, well maybe only to ourselves and I agree with you on that one, if you have that aced, you are automatically more successful, SB, Calgary
. . .
Hi Mark, somehow your musings keep on coming up on my Google desktop, so it must be meant to be. I like your thoughts, but can't help thinking that the truths that you seek come from before thought. Therefore the more that you muse, the less likely you are to find the answer. You describe a glorious morning, now that is the truth. Then you start thinking about it, and the beauty fades., IM, from the blog

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?