Wednesday, September 27, 2006

 

Sept. 27 Comments – we 8

Well said! I have to correct myself constantly on this one – am I listening to understand or listening to respond? I like to remind myself of one of the habits Covey wrote about. Seek first to understand then to be understood. Easy to say, so hard to do, GH. Strathmore, Alberta
. . .
Hi Mark - hope all is well. I have been vacationing in Mexico the last two weeks and coincidentally I haven't received any musings during this time...I don't recall asking to stop sending them to me in my absence - although I did think it!! Regardless, now that I am back, can you please add me again to your musings. Thanks, MR, Rossland, BC
. . .
I find what you say about listening to be really important and most of the time I really find myself not listening. I think it is because I allow so many other things that are going on in my life to be my main thought. I think so much about what I am going to do and I am going to do it , that when a friend needs me to listen I find it hard sometimes. I thank you for reminding me that what friends, family, co-workers, even strangers have to say is important, and it is important for me to take the time to listen, KS, Calgary
. . .
About listening – that is why G-d (or evolution) gave us two ears and only one mouth! MM, Calgary
. . .
Hi – hope you are well. I am off to Vancouver to get dental work done and close the cabin. I cannot wait to sit by the ocean. I am actually hoping its cool enough for a fire in the stove. Life is crazy hectic but good. I hope you are well. I will write more next week…. Not that I have much to say as I am immersed in PDD and disabilities. I am finding that Michener folks suffer discrimination because of their address. I find that very odd but I am sure you know all about that. Somewhere service providers forgot that these are people living at Michener …. They are different than others who have addresses off Medley Drive etc Its so strange to me to preach inclusion blah blah but practice exclusion because of an address. Gated communities of the very rich seem similar to me. Oh well enough rambling to Mark. Are you going to Dale Auger’s art exhibit in October? Cheers, DB, Red Deer


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?