Friday, September 15, 2006

 

Friday Sept. 15, 2006 - Year 4, Day 178 - every day is



3C/37F, the rain seems to be taking a break; Gusta leaping after a rabbit prize, kids at the bus stop chasing it too while the rabbit seemed to enjoy what looked like a warm up for a very light work-out; this morning’s chill makes me think about getting a Maui beach screen-saver for my computer!

it was a great day, the fore-runner of may more great days; yesterday as I lunched with BB & KK I felt so good; I’ve had many great days, adventures & successes with these two guys – now we are putting our best ideas & skills together in something that really started to cook yesterday - it was great day

yes, the joy that comes from doing things that need to be done, not because they are easy but because they are hard – that lifts me up

the joy of realizing the value is not in the prize but in the doing; surely profitability will flow too, but the focus is on the merit of the project – something we know how to do better than anyone

sometimes, when I encounter something so ‘worth doing’, so compelling, so interesting, so dynamic, so ‘in tune’ with what I want to do, as happened yesterday, I find it interesting to then view other things on my horizon, other business on my plate & personal connections I have made

these moments, these days – these are the ones that separate the truly interesting from the truly extraordinary

maybe last night’s 2 hour walk in the rain had something to do with it; I am not sure if it was some form of the adrenalin high, but it seems strange after such a really good day to be so drained this morning – the culmination of many things coming together in some unexpected ways; it seems like I could not get enough sleep even though I crashed early & slept late

truly extraordinary days, great days, are really every day but sometimes they are a step up, a cut above, the penultimate of great days

it seems like today will be another great day

but of course

every day is, it just depends on how we choose to see it

Mark
340,660

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?