Wednesday, August 30, 2006

 

Wednesday Aug. 30, 2006 - Year 4, Day 162 - arrggh



9C/48F, overcast, chilly breeze; leaves are falling in quantity earlier than one might expect by this date which should produce a spectacular colour show in the park very soon

thanks SB for the pep-talk/mutual coaching session last night; nice to catch up & wish you well with your potential bean-counter conquest

Detroit 1, Young Bucks 0

my two deer friends did not visit for apple tree nibbling last night; about 8:30 the ‘car hitting something non-metal’ sound hitting my ears told the story; ½ block away where dim street lights far apart make it hard to see there was a car stopped, 4-way flashers blinking while other cars went around while they waited for the cleanup crew

arrggh%_@*%&@%**)

to the Globe & Mail writers on the musing list, sorry to write this but your management group are 2nd rate idiots - my call to inquire why my paper was 2 hrs. late already produced this: a call centre person in Toronto asking me if I knew there is a labour shortage problem in Calgary – I indicated since I read the Globe every day I was not aware of this issue because the Globe never reported it – she didn’t like that

imagine if they had thought to run a story yesterday saying they would not be delivering in Calgary today or for the foreseeable future - a truth they knew about - then I could have saved 15 minutes on hold this morning & I could have cancelled my subscription
yesterday instead of today

arrggh

I read something once about something being idiot-proof; the piece went on to suggest that someone would invent a better idiot

someone did & they work for the Globe & Mail

I think I have this in perspective

note to AK - Andre, thank you for your encouraging words & pats on the head in the past . . but your note this morning is over the top, very thoughtful & thoroughly appreciated. I hope I can live up to that standard. Some days I know I that I do & some days I really wonder - but encouragement from you & many others is a big part of why I continue. I do it for me too - that is the prime mover, but on days when I am feeling a tad low, like today, it seems that out of nowhere, from out of the ether someone connects in a very meaningful way. Thanks.

Mark
341,044

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?