Monday, August 21, 2006

 

Monday Aug. 21, 2006 - Year 4, Day 153 - 14 yrs. of gestation

8C/46F, hazy at first light with pinks & blue-gray emerging from the dark; we walked in silence, Gusta’s coat drenched from investigating all those dewy spots

14 yrs. ago I was introduced over lunch to a representative of a landlord; it was the beginning of a great working relationship, now a new partnership

along the way we found that knowing, liking & trusting each other was not just the development of a friendship – it was the foundation of a business venture

not having something fresh to say every day means nothing on its own; some days it just takes a little longer - some days not; first I take some routine, add some steps & my fingers just start moving on the keys; I write what I think about, what is on my mind in the moment, then I tell my story to this anonymous screen

I write what I think about, what is on my mind in the moment, then I tell my story to this anonymous screen

“The journey of thousand miles starts with a single step.” – Chinese Proverb

a great destination awaits, but first we need to take some steps

sometimes that might be a big meeting, a lunch meeting, a chance meeting or simply a chance of meeting

take the meeting, take the call, take the step

without that lunch, it never would have happened

you never know what will happen; but, sometimes, its just lunch

sometimes, most times, it is much more than that

sometimes it takes 14 yrs. of gestation, sometimes less

Mark
341,260

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?