Monday, August 14, 2006

 

Monday Aug. 14, 2006 - Year 4, Day 146 - gimme a boost

9C/48F, cooler nights, man & dog wove a path through the obstacles - pre-dawn rosy hues across cloudless horizon back-lit our route as silhouetted homes, dark mossy looking trees showed us the way the Andy Williams version of ‘autumn leaves start to fall’ (lyrics by Johnny Mercer. music by Joseph Kosma) ring in my brain

AW(thanks heaps) took me golfing yesterday (I should have birthdays more often); a couple of pars & 1 birdie, otherwise it was a struggle to put 3 or 4 good shots together on a given hole – the shots showed up but without coordination to have them on the same hole notwithstanding the oft repeated ‘that’s a gimme’

trip planning (to & from High Level next week) calls for re-scheduling artistry to allow time in Edmonton for Fringe Festival fun & visiting Krista & Carla & a few other appointments too

I find it interesting to examine how I manage Sunday time

Sundays alone used to be how I got a jump on my day, on my week; now it is just a routine that gives me quiet time

for nearly 7 years I have generally avoided Sunday afternoon or evening activities because I am working on my FacilityCalgary newsletter; while true, this has become more so a wall of protection – setting aside that time for me - as much as anything else

it says ‘I want to be alone’ without having to, it says ‘I treasure this private quiet time’; lately I have been doing some prep work during the week, but mostly it is a 6PM to 11PM thing on Sunday followed by an early rising Monday; today I awoke at 2:30 because the alarm told me to, re-settings pushed that to 3AM, then 3:15; just enough time to complete my work before my self imposed 5AM deadline

NOT an all-nighter, it is an early morn

writing this now, 5 hours into my early morn - 1 pot of coffee gone, feels like another

not in a rush, this is no rush – it’s a boost

gimme another boost

my day just got a big, non-caffeine induced boost; Carla (CK) is coming to visit on the long weekend; tell me, what is better than having children who write at 8AM to say they are coming for a visit?

got one

Mark
341,428

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?