Friday, August 18, 2006

 

Friday Aug. 18, 2006 - Year 4, Day 150 - feasting

9C/48F, chilly breeze & clear as we walked around the lagoon; Gusta feeling frisky but no dogs in sight in sharp contrast to last night’s walk in Dover after dinner with PM . . many thanks for the great BBQ & a long overdue visit; I then went to the airport to connect with SC(Susan2) between planes – the visiting not the reason for my slow start this morning, but drinking coffee at that late hour caused getting to sleep this morning to be a challenge

I’ve been pondering - what is fair, fun, worth it & healthy?

healthy is pursuing an opportunity to determine possibility, quality of the opportunity, viability of the deal & the attitude/personality of the potential players – these principals apply in work, business & securing a date for Saturday night

I’ve been pondering - what is not fair, fun, worth it & healthy?

not healthy is pursuing something that, should it be possible or probable, one would not pursue if the answer was yes - toying with a possibility just for sport not seriously intending to act at all is low-down mean & despicable; in these cases some people/businesses flirt through action, innuendo, false representations or devious behaviour – at all times dangling an opportunity as if it is real, knowing the whole while it is not; this is despicable in business situations & even worse in personal ones – for shame!

‘Women flirt to keep their stock high, men to get somewhere.’ - Mignon McLaughlin

‘There are times not to flirt: When you're sick. When you're with children. When you're on the witness stand.’ – Joyce Jillson

I don’t see the problem with the witness stand

I flirt with it; I flirt with success, I flirt with disaster; not that I live or play dangerously but that I flirt openly & with intent to produce something good, with the intent of producing good feelings with others – colleagues, clients & personal acquaintances

I have been pondering the commonalities between flirtation in business situations (yes, misrepresentation of fact or intentions prevail as often in commerce as they do in social situations) with flirtation on a personal basis

I flirt by using attention to convey intention; I flirt directly, clearly & with little hesitation

I flirt with a word, with a look, with a touch; I flirt with disaster, but rarely

my intent is to flirt with people, businesses, situations & opportunities which excite me – excite me with the possibilities, excite me with adrenalin laden moments of success, joy, elation & potential for exhaustion in its most splendid form

yesterday I did a bit of each; a new business venture launched, a strong business prospect interested, 3 new clients – small but interesting ones with great potential & one that makes me smile this morning

an impossible improbable situation to be sure – not one brain cell of regret - I flirted deliberately with a delicious delectable charming & beautiful married woman who really seemed to enjoy the attention & the intention of my attention which was NOT to turn her away from her husband even if he is on shaky ground; my intention was to indicate interest ‘if & only if’ she was available – I found that to be fun, fair & clear - the laugh, the smile & the banter was genuinely well received; I think it was

what if I was wrong?

could it be wrong/unhealthy to tell someone who is smart, clever, attractive & interesting that they are smart, clever, attractive & interesting?

I never – that I can recall – flirted with anything or anyone with an untoward intent

I have not been error free - results have been mixed; I’ve been embarrassed rarely, humiliated seldom, enjoyed some times & once in a while I have made a strong connection of friendship or friendship+ . . . that NEVER would have happened had I not flirted with the call, the deal, the opportunity

some people turn away from complementary banter, but few
some people turn away from a smile, but few
some people turn away from an opportunity, but few
some people turn an easy situation into a difficult one, but few
some of my efforts to flirt with success, flirt with opportunity or to flirt with a woman have turned to disaster, but few

I rarely find myself feeling intoxicated out of control with a situation, a deal, a circumstance or a woman – but what heady stuff that is . . .

lighting may not strike again, but I think I will flirt with the possibility

I believe feasting on delicious ingredients of life is far better than focusing on absence of them; pursuit of ‘the possibility’ rather than impossibility is not the margin between success & failure but it is surely the margin between a smile & a frown

Mark
341,332

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?