Friday, August 18, 2006

 

August 18 Comments re: feasting

I love the idea of flirting and think it is safe, innocent, feel-good fun. It's too bad there are some people who can just take things way too seriously and don't know how to accept a compliment (or give one), without any hidden agenda. Who doesn't like to feel they are attractive to someone else (even though they would never act on it)? Perhaps we should have a National Flirt Day :) Sorry Mark. I am happily married to a great guy whom I've been together with since I was 16 (I'm now 40). We both enjoy it when someone flirts with us (although my husband complains that more girls flirt with him when I'm actually with him !! ), and we never take it seriously [even if it's meant that way]!, ME, Calgary
. . .
You ask whether it is wrong or unhealthy to tell someone that they are smart, clever, attractive and interesting. One rarely finds themself in trouble over complimenting someone on being clever, smart or interesting. It really comes down to the attractive portion of the question. I have on occasion felt really uncomfortable when someone has made a "you're attractive" comment. Mainly because it was an inappropriate comment for the situation or relationship. Perhaps the answer comes down to the reason for paying the compliment. Is the real purpose to make the person feel good about themselves? Or is the purpose more selfish in nature, its a way for you to relay your interest? It seems the potential for trouble lies in the intent. Women are usually fairly perceptive about the intention behind a compliment.- NI, Calgary
. . .
me thinks perhaps you think too much?? Give Gusta a dog cookie for me. Keep writing. (fellow dogwalker), DJ, Calgary

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?