Wednesday, July 19, 2006

 

Wednesday July 19, 2006 - Year 4, Day 120 - full plate equals clean slate

10C/50F, sunny & calm, walk uneventful, joggers grunt something inaudibly resembling good morning

full plate equals clean slate, to me, means that the plate & the slate are distinctly different things, even though I let a full plate of ‘things to do’, distractions & competing values consume my energy – all the while, my slate is clean – my agenda to explore new opportunities & ways of doing things is ready to be written upon

today is a plate clearing day; some items to devour, a few to savour, some to pass along & some to trash – today is every day

tomorrow, just like today, can be a clean slate day; a clean slate to do things differently, approach things differently - far less difficult to do than it first appears

full plate equals clean slate – my oxymoronic attempt to bring two ideas together; like too many cars for too few lanes at rush hour, too many little things on my plate make it hard to see my plate but that is just temporary as each item removed from the confusion reveals a clean slate, a blank slate, a clean plate

his struggling leaves little opportunity for stepping back to see the whole picture; I met with an old (the friendship, not the friend) friend yesterday – he struggles with several things on his plate – pushing hard, working hard, caring hard, loving hard – he finds it hard to deal with the things he cannot control – which is everything - except for his own choices about how to see things & how he directs his own energy; nothing else is controllable, nothing else will let him see a clean plate or a clean slate

today is every day

Mark
342,052

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?