Sunday, July 30, 2006

 

Sunday July 30, 2006 - Year 4, Day 131 - to let you know I am processing

13C/61F, sunny, cool breeze; joggers running fast, old-folks moving slow dot the landscape as Gusta worked off some kind of bellyache, acting friskier & hungry now

we talked about why people read these daily words; why some respond, why some sit on the fence as voyeurs into my life; first in-depth chat in about six months with KT yesterday - back in Vancouver avoiding intense summer heat in Puerto Vallarta

catching up - yes, but mostly talking about writing; we talked about her current projects – great things going on; we discussed the evolution of musings & the process I am using, selecting the best morsels organized for the book manuscript to make a readable read that will interest publishers

to let you know I am processing - working on the manuscript yesterday reviewing what to keep, what to set aside, what to include, what to stop & read; those early writings of day-to-day flow generated so much response, yet when I re-read it the issues bring back so many day-to-day memories that the early writing quality deficiencies do not bother me much; reminiscing on 3 summers ago

if you spot a Ladybug count the spots, if you spot a Leopard run fast

Leopards never change their spots, disguised or obscured from time to time, but never changing

people portray a wide range of faces, masks, facades & characterizations as they present themselves to the world, to strangers & to those they hold close; notwithstanding the illogic of that, it happens all the time

too many not prepared to be seen, known & understood (or not) based on who they really are – instead portraying who they wish they were when we just want to know who they are, why they are & appreciate them

like Hollywood’s movies, simple elegant truth is much more compelling than the very best fiction

some hide, some don’t; some hide pain, some hide naiveté, some hide fear; most hide fear I think, unnecessarily methinks, but hide they do – or maybe they try to change their spots

hhmmm, meeting & a walk around the park with SW(egad, another Susan!) last night & I am processing – my etymological education began as I learned Ladybugs have a spot thing too: 2-spot ones are being pushed out by dominant 7-spot bugs; I wonder if they could ‘get together’ to create a hybrid of 3.5 spot bugs might be easier than a ‘save the 2-spot’ effort

if you are up close & personal with a Ladybug, count the spots

getting up close & personal with me is easy

sometimes it just requires processing

wellness is about making time, taking time . . what can I say

when ladies & bugs, accountants & golfers & writers count - when they count spots or entries or strokes or characters – we all want to count on someone

NYTimes & perfect scrambled eggs, for one, perfect

Mark
341,788

Comments:
Wow what a cool blog you have here! I am impressed. You really put a lot of time and effort into this. I wish I had your creative writing skills, progressive talent and self- discipline to produce a blog like you did. Your blog really does deserve an honest compliment. If you have some time, stop by my site. It deals with stuff like, click here: free testdrive online and then feel free to e-mail me with your words of wisdom.

P.S. I'll sure put the word out about your site and I would appreciate any business you may send my. way... Later, Scott.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?