Saturday, July 29, 2006

 

Saturday July 29, 2006 - Year 4, Day 130 - juicy bits

15C/59F, overcast & humid, absence of dogs & walkers in sharp contrast to last evening when they were everywhere

my weekend ‘knuckle down on the book manuscript’ is at least underway, too soon to guess what real progress will look like by Monday

reviewing ‘early-days’ musings from spring ’03 to extract the juicy bits takes me back to strong feelings & reminds me how valuable support & encouragement of others was to developing the momentum

momentum . . hhmmm, so intoxicating when present, so draining when it suddenly disappears without warning

Saturday morning Globe & Mail reading is most often more amusing than stimulating; from ads advertising for a ‘someone for my aunt’ to Margaret Wente’s column; pity such a stirring title for such pedestrian material spiced with juicy bits – she has not met any raunchy grannies like the ones I know, but her fantasies are surely revealed; stock up on batteries & lube Margaret

back to my pile ‘o writing now . . momentum building

my attention span this morning - like that of a fruit bat, flitting to one thought & then another in the dark, then a note, then an email, then a call to cancel evening plans; too soon to tell how this day will unfold; perhaps something/someone will move me – meanwhile, like those bats, searching in the dark for juicy bits

Mark
341,812

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?