Monday, July 24, 2006

 

Monday July 24, 2006 - Year 4, Day 125 - got an itch

16C/57F; overcast, sprinkling just enough to not get us wet; Gusta met those 2 old-girl retrievers, but otherwise she seemed confused that we were not experiencing new surroundings to scratch – it seems she itches for more of those gopher smells

‘ Few people even scratch the surface, much less exhaust the contemplation of their own experience.’ – Randolph Bourne

as I walked through the neighbourhood, such a sharp contrast from the low-density country villages & towns I’ve been exploring the last few days, I think I know SW Sask & SE Alberta 500% better already having only scratched the surface - barely scratched the surface of understanding places where pioneers scratched out a living from nothing – I itch to know more

photos in obituaries(more than1/2 of them) it seems, are inserted by caring relatives who want to remember happy times; but the person who just died would probably be frowning angrily if we could wake them up to ask - they would probably all ask for more time feeling they have just scratched the surface of life

‘Fill what’s empty, empty what’s full, and scratch where it itches.’ – Wallis Simpson

my itch/scratch period is nearly over now as 4 days growth on my chin has me pondering if this might be a good time to re-grow my beard; I’ve been missing it & could use an extra 10 minutes a day – if for no other reason than to be 10 minutes late less often

bye, gotta shower & dash to meet muser SZ for coffee on time

‘Happiness is having a scratch for every itch.’ – Ogden Nash

Mark
341,932

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?