Monday, July 17, 2006

 

Monday July 17, 2006 - Year 4, Day 118 - shift changes

14C/57F, clear with a bracing breeze, I walked fast while dew-coated Gusta inspected tall grass in search of something smelly – finding nothing, we walked on

I like the night-shift now & then; my Sunday pre-occupation, compiling & publishing FacilityCalgary, affords me solitary time & opportunity to be pre-occupied with the silence of the night; living near the south edge of the city near the south lip of Fish Creek Park within ¼ mile of the Tsuu T’ina First Nation lands it is part city, part country out here

sitting on the patio or just keeping windows open brings to me the inky silence from 1AM until about 3:30, when intermittent coyote choral singing break the silence until 4:45 followed by wake-up birds through 6:15 when tires humming engulf local air waves

enlightening lunch conversation yesterday with my dad; amazing how one item/issue from 48 years ago - once revealed - explains so much - makes me wonder what would have happened if he had challenged that one comment, said 'hey, wait a minute' to get clarificaiton; I wish I could turn back the hands of the clock for him so he could have taken different directions on things, made different choices etc., but that would be tinkering with his choices - opportunities he cannot recapture

that got me thinking about how swiftly opportunities pass me by; sometimes it is a chance to get on a new merry-go-round, sometimes a chance to get off

‘Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.’ – Leo Tolstoy

whether change is long overdue, or something you thought of just minutes ago needs to shift – why not make that change now; if not now, when?

things will NEVER be the same again whether I change or not, so why not change?

I may not change the world, or maybe I will – but nothing will happen unless I change myself

what about you?

remember

change is inevitable

except from vending machines

Mark
342,100

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?