Friday, July 21, 2006

 

July 21 Comments

I expect you're angry with me for bypassing Calgary, but I so needed this summer away from everything except family. We've all thrived in the solitude, the time out. Today I'm flying to Halifax for a week of work...then back here, to Michigan. Although there are plans for a week in Calgary before heading off to Africa, I won't make promises I might break. When I'm back, I'll let you know - and you can decide then if you'd like to get together for a walk or a coffee or "anything" (as per your suggestion in our last message). Photos of me (the "feral" version - no salons or day spas in these parts - and I don't care) with Xoe (the wild child) are attached. I will welcome input on taming these lovely creatures, another topic for discussion. Musings today...really beautiful. Mark, you've become quite the writer in your journeys - a gift to all of us who follow your path, CB, Calgary/Michigan
. . .
Please add XXXXX to your list. I was fortunate to get to know my father later in life and since we both worked in Real Estate we did do some deals together. My Father talked to everyone and cheered up their day, the waitress, the garage attendant, the security guard and the cleaners all knew his name and cherished having a talk with my dad. I have tried to be open to all people and have a kind word for all the people that work at all levels of our society. There was a movie in Quebec named UN ZOO LA NUIT or a zoo at night and it relates the story of a son and his late in life reconciliation with his dad. And as his dad is in his hospital bed he washes his face and sits by him and I repeated that with my father and my brother and that simple action creates a tremendous bond with the person in their bed as they feel you are being their caregiver. I miss my dad’s smile, his always neat appearance in shiny shoes and a nice suit and tie and his funny and friendly demeanor. You cannot be your dad but he is part of you and if you are lucky you get it (his influence on you) and take the time to know him. GAR Calgary
. . .
I love the way you speak of your father.........I only hope to leave the same impression on my children!!, KA, Calgary
. . .
Hi Mark…This is a beautiful script. I’m sure he’ll be proud of it…and you for writing it. Don’t be surprised to see it in a frame on his wall one day! I wrote a similar one (in poem) for my mother’s 80th and she framed it. You are a good son! , LH, Naples, Florida
. . .
Hi Mark: I owe you a phone call and will call early next week when I get my head above water. Having just lost my dad reading about yours today really opened a flood of memories and emotions…..for that I owe you a big thanks. Cherish the time you spend with him and pass along birthday greetings. Take care, MW, Calgary
. . .
Mark, Fridays musing ran true for me and probably for many. You and I have been fortunate to have our greatest teacher on a lifelong retainer. If I end up half the man my father is I will be satisfied I have spent my time here well. JB, Calgary
. . .
How beautiful Mark. Your musing today made me think of my dad and brought tears to my eyes. My dad sounds just as great. Thanks for your daily musings! MR, Rossland, BC
. . .
A big happy birthday to your Dad! What a great description of him. He does have a great gift in knowing how to listen and caring to listen. And never have I ever heard him say anything mean or derogatory about anyone. He is great in a way most of us never achieve. , SC, Fort Smith

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?