Friday, July 14, 2006

 

Friday July 14, 2006 - Year 4, Day 115 - it takes a long time



7C/45 F, clear & light chilly breeze – exhilarating, Gusta takes a long time collecting a dew-coat in tall grass

my schedule today lists 3 tasks; write musings, come up with some great names to consider & meet parka-babe’s flight @1:50

add to that the ‘pile on my desk’ that must be done by the end of this weekend & things are looking pretty good going into the weekend

I need to come up with a great name that says simplicity, stability, boldness, creativity, pursuit of opportunities, innovation & daring-do to brand a new development venture BB & I have begun – a little issue that, once done, will not be examined again - yet it takes a long time to get it right

I am impatient about this – as with just about everything - yet I know things I’ve done well, done memorably, done with zeal & passion have always takes a long time, have taken much patience + some secret sauce

our society is so fast-food, fast-everything world, all in a hurry

instantaneous information, real-time news, nothing is slow

do now

decide now

choose now

figure it out now

the world we live in – where I make 100 little choices before breakfast

hundreds more through my day, most with little consequence whichever choice I make; a precious few might change my life, my year or at least impact my weekend

I gotta be a little nuts to think I can figure something out, plan something comprehensively or sort through what is in front of me well enough to make decisions, to make choices, to choose a path that will lead me where I want to go & to do it well while doing it in a hurry

thinking about the great thinkers, the great scientists, the great innovators; Edison tried nearly 10,000 times before he got the light bulb right, Newton & Archimedes - countless others – spent hundreds of thousands of man-years thinking & calculating without use of a PC or Google, without foundation grants, without fame or fortune; why then, when I consider all of that, do I expect anything I try to do will be easy in any way, quick at all – or simple – if I want an effective elegant solution?

it takes a long time to get it right

what measures the quality of an idea, the quality of a person, the quality of a connection; is it possible to know at first blush, first glance, first meeting, first . . . whatever . . is it possible to know what might happen?

I think it takes a long time

Mark
342,172

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?