Tuesday, June 20, 2006

 

Tuesday June 20, 2006 - Year 4, Day 92 – season to taste

9C/48F, raining, raining, raining; dog & owner soaked to the skin – fabulous

I love rain, love walking in it, thinking in it

never serve me bland words, I like mine lightly seasoned

when we communicate, if we are truly communicating, the bulk of our words are lost; our fillers, props, constructs & mindless connectors of thoughts fill the air or the page; when I read or listen I tune out – filter out – the bulk

I read & listen to grab the word, the phrase or the sentence in the midst of all those keystrokes or banter to savour the flavour of little gems

speech & writing is littered with these special expressions of thought – salted - seasoned, like cracked pepper on a pasta dish, special ingredients taking pedestrian conversation or food to the realm of extraordinary memory

language peppered with phrases that excite or enlighten grab me most, hit me most, affect me most, imprint memory most; pedestrian courtesies & fill connected with context & people I know or want to know better

seasoning enhances the sweet, draws out the sour

tantalizing my tongue, stimulating my mind, producing smiles, frowns, disgust or side splitting bladder leaking moments

chat becomes banter, banter becomes laughter, laughter becomes flirtation, flirtation & exuberance or it falls flat

never short

innocent use of words conveyed with wistfulness, playfully or with deep seriousness – changes flavour in less time than 1 turn of my pepper grinder

a few such gems from my inbox in the last couple of days:

‘ hold that thought.............’

‘the thought not wasted’

‘ . . . what's the title.....I want more’

‘ . . . it's a special place, the spirits walk there . . . so loudly that even a "bug squash" guy might . . . .’

‘you are a merciless pal . . .’

‘I'll be here to meet you for coffee - or whatever.’

‘I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!’

‘ . . sends images both in the light of day and the dark of night . . ’

in language, life, food & people; to enhance flavour, season it some

in language, life, food, business or romance; to enhance flavour, season it some

to taste the juicy product of words people write, of the special messages they convey with a smile, a smirk, a laugh or a taunt I try to give as good as I get; sometimes I hit, sometimes I miss - but rarely fail to produce a result; a result that would have never occurred were it not for some form of action

from my experience, action beats inaction, speaking or writing beats silence every time

every time

I would rather reach out to someone – testing their boundaries a little sometimes – to show my interest in mutual seasoning them in return; not that they are not delectable already, but to add flavour to the discussion, to bring out the fullness of what is in them

every time

clever seasoning conspires with ingredients in the dish to erupt in mouths, I enjoy even more the experience of having thoughts & words erupt into feelings, feelings explode with passion for something, for someone – anyone

every time

taste it, taste you, taste me

I love words, serve me up a plate

don’t miss the banquet, don’t miss the spice

season to taste - you have no idea what a delicious feast awaits; no idea what you will miss if you leave out the spice

I love it when it rains

Mark
341,748

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?