Tuesday, June 13, 2006

 

Tuesday June 13, 2006 - Year 4, Day 85 - what does that mean

12C/54 F, sunny with a breeze; cute jogger warranted Gusta’s attention – otherwise just another beautiful tranquil morning walk in the woods

quest, question, questing – the seeking of answers

his company & point of view stimulate more laughter & less irritation than when we met 18 months ago; coffee with RH last night; he said something that is probably one of the nicest things I’ve heard in a long time – he says I make time for people

to CB (so many CB’s - I mean the gorgeous tall dark doc from Calgary with legs way up to here, currently toiling in Halifax), mentor, friend & tower of strength to envy – wishing you peacefulness in the chaos quadrant of your life, wishing you joy in others, wishing you were available to see more than bi-annually & that you would take as much for you as you give to others – happy birthday babe – lets squeeze in some time this summer when you are in town

story swapping mostly, some writing too; getting acquainted with muser SN – after several months as a fly on the wall she reads between lines & knows me better than most who have known me for years

400 yrs. ago Cervantes gave life through words to Don Quixote; the quintessential questing man - Google helped me with the lyrics - music running through my brain this morning - from Man of La Mancha:

ALDONZA - Why do you do these things? DON QUIXOTE - What things? ALDONZA - These ridiculous... the things you do! DON QUIXOTE - I hope to add some measure of grace to the world. ALDONZA - The world's a dung heap and we are maggots that crawl on it! DON QUIXOTE - My Lady knows better in her heart. ALDONZA - What's in my heart will get me halfway to hell. And you, Senor Don Quixote-you're going to take such a beating! DON QUIXOTE - Whether I win or lose does not matter. ALDONZA - What does? DON QUIXOTE - Only that I follow the quest. ALDONZA - (spits) That for your Quest! (turns, marches away; stops, turns back and asks, awkwardly) What does that mean... quest?

DON QUIXOTE -
It is the mission of each true knight... His duty... nay, his privilege! To dream the impossible dream, To fight the unbeatable foe, To bear with unbearable sorrow To run where the brave dare not go; To right the unrightable wrong. To love, pure and chaste, from afar, To try, when your arms are too weary, To reach the unreachable star! This is my Quest to follow that star, No matter how hopeless, no matter how far, To fight for the right Without question or pause, To be willing to march into hell For a heavenly cause! And I know, if I'll only be true To this glorious Quest, That my heart will lie peaceful and calm When I'm laid to my rest. And the world will be better for this, That one man, scorned and covered with scars, Still strove, with his last ounce of courage, To reach the unreachable stars!

RH (or should I call him Aldonza?) says I make time for people

what he misses – the best part - is that they make time for me

the world will be better for this

Mark
341,916

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?