Saturday, June 10, 2006

 

Saturday June 10, 2006 - Year 4, Day 82 – if you have built castles


9C/48F, cloudy, rain likely; Gusta & I took a reverse route behind the ridge lots so she was sniffing her own deposits behind every tree thinking it was someone new; we encountered several dogs – stopping to sniff behinds (dogs, not the walkers)

‘I got up one morning and couldn’t find my socks, so I called information. She said ‘Hello, information.” I said ‘I can’t find my socks.’ She said, ‘They’re behind the couch.’ And they were.’ - Stephen Wright

‘To lead the people, walk behind them.’ – Lao Tzu

‘The test of an enjoyment is the remembrance which it leaves behind.’ – Jean Paul Richter

weary week behind me, dragging my behind a little this morning

behind on writing, behind getting things done, behind getting ready for the day

I was behind on laundry, all caught up; DL stopping by for a visit last night actually inspired folding & putting away laundry that had been in a pile – I dealt with it all except for the pile I pushed back into a hamper - seems I am still behind

behind on my reading I am catching up 3 days of papers

I was really behind; I’ve been trying to get a grip on news coverage of terrorists arrested this week, trying to get a sense of who is behind it

I got a reminder notice on a bill yesterday telling me I was behind

I checked the pile of ‘bills to pay’; there it was – hiding right behind two others I am behind on; I’ll have to write cheques & mail them if I can find the stamps

they always seem to be hiding behind something else in the drawer where I keep them right behind the scotch tape, pens & paper clips

I spoke for the first time with muser SN yesterday; she seems to really like the voice – I told her thanks but she might like to see my little behind before she considers voice my best feature

behind on accounting, behind of invoicing, behind on returning calls & emails

I have many things in need of sorting out (to be organized one behind the other) for action over the next couple of weeks; behind on that too

I wonder, if I am behind on procrastinating, is that behind to the 2nd or 3rd power?

since I am on the subject this morning, what about what we leave behind

memories we leave behind; people crossed our path - some significantly - some left us, others we left behind

left behind like smoke trail behind a jet plane, fading from view but not from our memory

I am sure I won't have a problem if I am a little behind getting to the golf course to play with KK and his colleagues, he usually arrives late - often calling me from his car to tell me he is running a little behind

I am going to try harder next week

I need to start early to get ahead on being less behind; maybe I need to go on a retreat to Maui to advance this idea!

perhaps the best opposite of behind would be ahead or up front, the best opposite of retreat, advance

'I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavours to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; new, universal, and more liberal laws will begin to establish themselves around and within him; or the old laws be expanded, and interpreted in his favour in a more liberal sense, and he will live with the license of a higher order of beings. In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty, nor weakness. If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.' - Henry David Thoreau

more ahead, less behind; more advances, less behind

I have built my castles; now working hard on foundations, but I am a little behind

Mark
341,988

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?