Monday, June 19, 2006

 

Monday June 19, 2006 - Year 4, Day 91 - choked


11C/52F, stiff westerly breeze cuts sun’s warmth, Gusta eyed two large dogs that just moved in, two old retrievers across the street; I spotted two slender moms at a bus stop – the rest just scenery going by, pleasant but no special memories of it

people & events go by all the time; some imprint on our minds, others are just noise & sights going by; my hope is big & colourful, it is not blue, but gray shades, striped & swirled with many others – hopes & experiences are never ‘just red’ or just blue; never pure white or pure black; gray is the colour of it all; a mix of this thing, that idea, this person, that friend & some stranger who drifted by to make up the landscape that I see, the rest just scenery going by

it comes with truth & truth telling; it comes with hopes & fears, joys & tears

yesterday I got choked up a bit thinking about dad stuff; followed by Fathers Day lunch with HK, calls from my kids, golf with MM & AW, good weather, great chat with SN & LM – a perfect day

just like Phil Mickelson, a father too; he talked to his kids, golfed with friends, then got choked up; for my game I had an acceptable duffer score, for his, so did he - but he lost the US Open by 1 shot causing enormous distress for himself & golf fans everywhere who say choke

getting choked up, choking - common terms tossed around like anecdotes, but they are significant emotional moments to someone, especially for Phil; while viewers saw him flirting with disaster, he was really flirting with success; I save the stress & just flirt; Phil & I are best served to ignore our critics; he’ll ignore a media quick to brand him with Greg Norman 'choke' metaphors, I’ll ignore AO & the swamp he crawled out of - perhaps descended from the missing link; he lacks human-ness, cloaking it in writing skill & wit

today, I hope to get choked up; I hope to enjoy joy & get emotional about something that matters to me; I hope for something, strive for something, live for something, cry for something, work for something & play for so many good reasons

if someone out there needs what I have, I give it

if someone out there has what I need, I’ll take it

if someone out there gets me, I’m warm

if someone out there knows I get them, I get choked

Mark
341,772

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?