Monday, June 12, 2006

 

Monday June 12, 2006 - Year 4, Day 84- do we

7C/46F, light cloud, dewy grass, dewy path, dewy trees, dewy leaves

do we? do I? do you? do we know what drives us, inspires us, gives us reason for living, doing, striving ?

someone asked me over the weekend to describe what drives me, why I am who I am

I think about this from time to time, but not often; in other words, I don’t have a policy discussion with myself each time something confronts me – I react, act or postpone reacting to things 1 at a time based on my instincts, experience & recognition that EVERYTHING is choice, every choice is decision, every decision leaves me, alone, accountable

short tempered sometimes, gentle sometimes, not suffering fools gladly, inspired by bright folks & spirited discussion – banter, brains, beauty, truth - things I seek, things that inspire

so, easy enough I thought: I trotted out & recited my list (thank you Deepak Chopra for coaching me to make lists) of ‘Desires’ & ‘Unique Talents’ – each a hybrid list I’ve tweaked only a little in recent years, comfortable in their correctness for me

there is a little less emphasis on some elements than is my day to day practice, but I remain comfortable with those lists, I own those lists, those lists are firmly cast in solidified paper pulp

my lists leave out spirituality, god or any facsimile thereof; ‘Why?’, I was queried

I talked around it a bit, muttered something about ‘squashed bug theory’ generally avoiding talking about me feelings, replacing it as I often do with ‘what I think’

‘what I think’ vis-à-vis ‘what I feel’ are two streams that merge on occasion, go off on different tangents sometime

why is that ?

behaviour tells more about me than does talking about what I think

I think

what drives me is energy of minds colliding & collaborating, doing worthy work, having meaningful conversation, enjoying emotional connections when they arrive, being moved by caring deeply when I do, wishing fond farewell when those connections depart

I am thrilled when I can inform, teach, learn, figure out stuff; in search of the ‘ah-ha moment’

before I am a squashed bug on the windshield of life, I want to be sure I have spent my energy in pursuit of things that matter with all my energy before colliding with the end at high speed

I see that easily in others, less easily in myself

I think I feel

I think

I know I feel

I know

Mark
341,940

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?