Friday, June 23, 2006

 

June 23 Responses

surrender..to give in ..to let go scary words those are, for those of us who need to hold the reins of our lives in our own two hands. Do I trust me, can I trust you? can we open up ? let another human see what makes us laugh, ponder, question, weep. share the reins... blend the paths. surrender to the moment.. the day, the thought. surrender... to let go, SN, St. Paul
. . .
A friend once told me to "live each moment fully and deeply"... to really be there, experiencing what ever is happening RIGHT NOW to the fullest. We have plans, dreams, hopes, choices, more more more to experience if we are lucky... and we must look forward to and prepare for that... and still, at the same time, live THIS moment, now. Surrendering to this day... not something I expected you to say... to let the day happen as it will... You've said more than once that "going with the flow" is not what you do... But maybe I see... When something happens to affect you that is entirely out of your control, really the only thing to do is accept it. To do otherwise is a waste of energy... There is what is - and sometimes all we can do is choose our attitude. (Btw: loved the 'idea mixed with metaphor... cream dreamy notions' line... very deliberate choice of words lately in your musings - maybe it was always there, if so, I'm glad to notice) LS, Calgary
. . .
We have never met and until recently I thought you were spamming me…..and I was both right and wrong as I have been often in my life. Like a freight train I have been rolling though life happy to be moving forward and moving fast, until recently I found out I wasn’t bullet proof. So going from 100 miles per hour to 0 was a shock but was not surrender. Surrender suggests giving up entirely whereas I only gave up some habits, beliefs and actions to be replaced by new and improved ones…..moving more efficiently is both exciting and rewarding… Participating in this discussion is a willingness to throw myself into your fray…..my Dad always told me to pick my causes carefully, RR, Calgary


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?