Saturday, June 10, 2006

 

June 10 Responses

Good stuff, Mark. You're in rare good form this morning. Not that you aren't in good form other mornings...I better quit before I get further behind...., RH, Calgary
. . .
Hi – still dragging around with this cold. I thought it was interesting and it never fails to surprise me that you often write in your musings about something I am reading or thinking or feeling. Today at Coles I was reading On Walden Pond, wondering where my beloved book actually is with my life scattered about as it is. I read it first while living in Banff in 1970 and I believe shaped my life in many ways. One day Keats will be my Walden Pond. So to read your musings when I got home was surprising to say the least. I did purchase The Tao Te Ching, one for myself and one for a friend in prison. He has been allowed a package from me but it must arrive by June 20th. He requested books and art supplies. No matter what is going on in my life at least I can get books. Do you ever wonder what you would do if you went blind and couldn’t read? It would be a very difficult thing for me. Much easier to give up sex. DB, Red Deer
. . .
I'm convinced company is the greatest motivation to clean. I've attached something you mentioned in musing last week. They are extra large sticky notes hanging in my bedroom. Merci, DL, Calgary
. . .
‘Death is not the biggest fear we have; our biggest fear is taking the risk to be alive – the risk to be alive and express what we really are. ‘ - Don Miguel Ruiz
. . .
I don't "seem" to like your voice I just plain like it. It's "that" kind of voice, something other female musers will understand and the male ones will go huh???? Like tush's too - but most of all look for the spirit in a person - yours sir is doing okay so far - hope the golf was good., NS, St. Paul
. . .
Hi Mark, For a minute I though I was reading something that Andy Rooney might have written. It was amazing how I put your words to Andy Rooney's face., LM, White Rock
. . .
Mark, A new connection here...I just picked up your daily musing and wanted to share some of own, before I go out kayaking to Tree Island. ‘CONSULTING....If your not a Part of the Solution, There's Good Money to be Made in Prolonging the Problem.’ - Author Unknown; ‘All the information I have about myself is from forged documents.’ - Vladimir Nabokov; ‘The truth is that everything is One, and this of course is not a numerical one.’ - Philip Kapleau; ‘One may understand the cosmos, but never the ego; the self is more distant than any star.’ - G.K. Chesterton; ‘It's in the darkness of men's eyes that they get lost.’ - Black Elk; ‘If your going to care about the fall of the sparrow, you can't pick and choose who's going to be the sparrow. It's everybody.’ - Madelaine L'Erigle; ‘To know oneself, one should assert oneself. Psychology in action, not thinking about oneself. We continue to shape our personality all our life. If we knew ourselves perfectly, we should die.’ - Albert Camus; ‘Sins become more subtle as you grow older: you commit sins of despair rather than of lust.’ - Piers Paul Read; ‘Real events don't have endings, only the stories about them do.’ - James Galvin; ‘One cannot weep for the entire world. It is beyond human strength. One must choose.’ - Jean Anouilh; ‘Nothing in life is trivial. Life is whole wherever and whenever we touch it, and one moment or event is not less sacred that another.’ - Vimala Thaker; all of these gems have traveled with me for a number of years, as quick reminders....that we must all keep right on till the end! Have a super day, SM, Comox

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?