Wednesday, May 31, 2006

 

Wednesday May 31, 2006 - Year 4, Day 72 - Gusta gets it

5C/41F, clear, steady cool north breeze came along on 'our trail'; our shadows, our sounds, our footsteps & Gusta wearing off calories in the tall grass - the only sounds separating us from silence as the wind blew by

a little whoop; plans to write a monthly column for Alberta Venture Magazine are coming together

for middle aged single men who live alone, I recommend raising a dog from a puppy; not so much for the chore of it, but for the lessons it teaches every day

it proves that, at the core our quests & conquests, lives an incredibly strong need for companionship

it mitigates significantly the cravings, desires for company of the women we seek, it addresses that need for someone to note our comings & goings, just as we witness theirs

someone to notice little things about; change of appetite, disposition, posture or behaviour in her is something I pick up on far better than I ever did with any woman I have spent much time with

the need for both of us to care about someone daily without being accountable for every movement or activity throughout the day

the need for someone to touch at the end of the day; someone to talk to, someone to listen to – not so much to meet my need for conversation but meeting, absolutely, my need for connection

a nurturing relationship where I give her a lot, yet I get far more than I give

sometimes I meet women who allege they must compete with some 'memory on a pedestal' image that I have of intrigue, brains & beauty of some special women from my past

true, I seek an incredible level of sizzly spicy flavour, the magic ingredient - the secret sauce - it is is embodied in a further set of qualities, qualities not everyone gets

the more I think of it, Gusta is truly a superb companion; she is not a picky eater, rarely barks, never growls, likes to go out often, is happiest when I play & wrestle with her, never takes over a bathroom with a hundred things, never presumes anything, cannot work the remote control & she never tinkers with the settings on my toaster

it may not be a truly reciprocal romantic relationship [still reserving room for one of those in my heart, though a larger bathroom will no doubt be required], but the fit could not be better

Gusta gets it, so do I

a little petting goes a long way

Mark
342,228

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?