Tuesday, May 16, 2006

 

Tuesday May 16, 2006 - Year 4, Day 57 - the envelope please

10C/54F, welcome warmth on heels of a gorgeous yesterday; straining Gusta chasing distant animal smells through that garbage pick up day smorgasbord of odors in a strong breeze – produced meetings with 1 rabbit, 1 poodle, 1 cranky old woman . . who seemed quite annoyed that her poodle wanted to say hi

I am working on 2 significant proposals, must finish them both today

I have to arrange some property tours for clients, I’ll finish that today, though tomorrow will surely bring more

new format tomorrow or next day will save min. ½ hour every morning; 75% complete converting musing addresses to new system; I’ll finish that today

I look at my pile of unreturned calls from Friday & Monday . . I’ll finish those today

spread around my dining room table, a pile named ‘accounting things & cheques to write’, miscellaneous hundreds of little things in the ‘to do’ pile . .for each item there, I would be a miracle worker if I could finish that today, but I can finish prioritizing it today

my reading pile, ebbs & flows; it seems every item eliminated while I was away has grown two fold since I got back from Hawaii . . I’ll catch up on some of that too, or at least the unread Sunday New York times that came on Monday, I’ll finish that today

I am incapable of doing all these things while handling all the new things that will come up today, so re-ordering some things & procrastinating some & tossing some others; I’ll finish that today

lastly, it is that day every few years when we cannot put it off; being law abiding Canadians we open our census envelopes to answer the government’s questions it is census day in Canada

I opened the envelope . . I can fill the form, or do it on line @ http://www.census2006.ca/

while I was finishing off this draft, I logged on [fortunately I had my paper form with the key number on it, otherwise I don’t know how that would work]

it took less time to completed than it took to log on, so 2 minutes + 2 minutes

what’s next ?

Mark
342,588

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?