Sunday, May 21, 2006

 

Sunday May 21, 2006 - Year 4, Day 62 - soup time

12C/52F, mostly overcast, light breeze; the park cacophony of bird sounds sharp contrast to a neighbourhood eerily quiet, sleeping in

another gorgeous day arrived makes focus difficult; my mind a jumble; thoughts flit in, most dissipate in a heartbeat

electrical impulse, blood flow through a muscle makes a heart beat, but there is more; that term ‘in a heartbeat’ is used so much, but how long is a heartbeat ?

I’ve been wondering lately, if I am ready for a serious relationship again; not the frivolous flirtation, not short term fun, not revolving door dating roulette; but really meeting an equal, meeting a dreamy sensation [my mind-candy moment assumes mutuality]

aside from: reciprocal literate lively levity libido & golf, what am I looking for ?

of course, defining serious is like defining heartbeat; easy to do with words, challenging to do if you include reference to feelings

my mind flits from MdP [happy birthday today] who wrote so beautifully & wanted me when I wanted anything but; it flits to SC who would have added a touch of salt, a bit more pepper & stirred my pot with wide grin; it flits to hugs anywhere, especially in a hallway

urge for breakfast, urge for soup is strong

monster pot simmered yesterday, fridge clearing veggie soup extraordinaire

memories of every time I hunkered down over a steaming pot with a spoon & a pepper mill

memories of having someone to hunker down with, cook with, smile uncontrollably with

someone to live for, share with, thirst with, share with

this hunger should be shared

soup time
in a heartbeat
Mark
342,468

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?