Monday, May 08, 2006

 

Monday May 8, 2006 - Year 4, Day 49 – ROI ignition SEND



5C/41F, overcast & calm; Gusta & I took a leisurely stroll around the lagoon on the short leash [extendible leash gasped its last]; both of us bagged from working very late into the night - she feels an obligation to be my foot warmer no matter how long it takes [we did take time to play while I watched the 2nd last episode of West Wing] on Sunday nights

life is full of it. . education, child rearing, paper cuts, puppy rearing, relationship development & renovations, all-nighters & bleary eyes . . .

life is full of fatigue . .

as I drag my weary body around, stoke myself with coffee & toasted English muffins swimming in peanut butter it is interesting to make ‘self observations’

my body craves going back to bed, but alas the magnitude of my Monday pile of work + phones ringing & lots of emails & faxes early leave me challenged to get this finished & to hit SEND

challenged to get my motor running & mind in gear; reading Monday-thin newspapers devoid of NEWS or ideas, net surfing, tossing laundry or dishes in machines & bathroom reading fail to ignite me

this happy fatigue from a weekend INVESTING lots of labour input mailing lists & formatting that will make my publishing life easier [or allow more work time !] saving hundreds hours per year – many rounds of golf no doubt – a great ROI

in short, what I put out there pays rewards apropos to the investment made, sometimes that requires a little fatigue, sometimes it requires a lot

ROI - return on investment - income from efforts, blooms from flowers we plant, feedback from those we affect; it may not always gird loins but certainly wakes sleepy heads & gets us up & out into traffic . . . accelerating

just as fatigue is reality, so is snapping out of it . . . figuring out how is was challenge du jour

added to this I’ve had some ‘broad smile’ moments with this morning’s male/mail: Andre’s comments on apple pie + a note from ND telling me about the ‘Digital Examiner’ publication, adding it is a newsletter for prostate cancer folks . . . I almost drop my pie

just when you least expect it, someone will ignite you with a broad smile on your face, that’s ROI

life is full of it. .

life is full

life is

life

start your engine

Mark
341,780

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?