Monday, May 29, 2006

 

Monday May 29, 2006 - Year 4, Day 70 - my findings

3C/37F, drizzle done, sun struggles through; Gusta runs tallest wet grass she can find; finding only short stuff, she slithered through the grass to get as wet as she could

today, a work day for most Canadians, a Memorial day holiday for our friends to the south; one of rest & work & hunting down ‘just perfect space’ for a couple of clients & begin a proposal writing project; looking for inspiration in every piece & file in my Monday pile – not finding it

some shoe manufacturing trivia for you: laces & eyelets & polish & insoles are called findings in the shoe trade; this originated from the day when shoe makers in old England worked as a cottage industry; manufacturers supplied leather for uppers & soles, but the cottager had to find the rest on his own account – hence the term – findings

I have my ingredients; paper, toner, files & phone #’s – all I need to ply my craft, but inspiration is required before perspiration goes in

my urge to write today is mitigated by fatigue from an all-nighter [working, not playing], today I will write a little or a lot, not sure yet; depends on what I find

seeking inspiration in usual places, finding none, I researched the day: this day in history Fanny Brice died (1951), Edmund Hilary summitted Everest (1943), JFK was born (1917); also looking in my calendar I find my friends CK &DD were born this day (1953)

have a great birthday you two; may you be finding happiness & health everywhere you look

JP brought rain; when she departs later today I suggested she return it to Vancouver where she found it

with low energy I began my search – seeking inspiration

this Monday morning’s papers a waste of ink & paper; if they came on a roll with perforations, they might be useful, otherwise they lack anything fresh – they should be called olds-papers rather than news-papers; I looked there for inspiration - finding none, I moved on

email responses from yesterday made me laugh out loud; a coincidence made me smile

some coffee made me awake, a bagel & faxed confirmation of a project I want to do gave me energy, sky is clearing a little - not raining

found it

Mark
342,276

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?