Monday, May 15, 2006

 

Monday May 15, 2006 - Year 4, Day 56 - life expectancy

3C/37F, breezy, crisp morning air makes my eyes water; the moon instantly flashed off - it had been shining like a flashlight in the low SW sky as we went out – when the sun slipped over the horizon, our morning walk more like a race-walk than leisurely stroll

the restaurant lobby filled with mother entourages waiting for a free table, we didn’t care; we talked much more than usual; rather, mostly I talked, he listened; as long as I can remember it has been that way

I asked when I should come by with the letter I am writing for him to his condo board - he reminded me AccessCalgary was coming at 6 AM, he’d be back by 11 - he books a ride to South Centre mall 2-3 times a week; with his walker he usually tries to do 6 or 7 laps of the entire mall, sometimes he does 8; lately more often just 5

a few ailments, 23 daily medications, residual effects of 2 prostate cancer & 4 back surgeries have taken their toll – soon 84 he grasps most things – his memory better than most his age

we had our longest lunch in a long time yesterday we each talked about future plans

he thinks he has 9 yrs. left, but he say how he calculated that, nor does he remember 3 yrs. ago saying he had 6 yrs. to go; seems his life expectancy grew by 6 yrs

yesterday may have been mothers day, yet it is seemed more like fathers day to me

Mark
342,612

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?