Monday, May 15, 2006

 

May 15 Responses

Thanks again for your musings. (the following is not specifically to you, just a call to action for those who need a little coaxing) I was profoundly disappointed to hear on the radio yesterday(?), that the average long distance call is 6 minutes, and it 'jumps' to 11 on Mother's day!!! Only 11 minutes???!! When my Mom was in a nursing home for the last year or so, I would 'sign her out' and we'd go for a drive &/or for c&Tbits or whatever. The pathetic part was seeing our names on consecutive rows, consecutive weekends apart! How sad for those 120 others! True - some had in-house visits, but still, don't our parents deserve more?? Even the imperfect ones!?It's interesting how often the grandchildren or more interested and curious to hear our parent's stories than we are..... And i'm guilty too., BS, Calgary
. . .
Mark, loved the reply's from" expecting mothers" especially from N.M.B. Airdrie ...my thoughts exactly., LA, Calgary
. . .
I receive musings twice a day already – direct email and blog notification. Although I rarely respond, I enjoy receiving and reading musings and the readers’ comments. But once a day is enough and preferably by direct email., EO, Edmonton
. . .
why the ending with the # of hours left in my life - so that's what it is! Bugs me every time I read and rack my brain to figure it out. THANK YOU! Been away for a week and my work day cannot begin without reading. I admit, I'm addicted! Was in laid back Morden, MB for the week. As with you and Maui, I am now going thru withdrawals. Realized on this week away from reality that my marriage is not right. Realized that after a spending a straight 16 hr with my spouse after an 8 day sabbatical that I had absolutely nothing to say to....leaving me pretty much numb. What do you do with that? As you last week, I find a song stuck in my head....."I am stuck on band-aid, cause band-aid is stuck on me"....DB, Calgary

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?