Sunday, May 14, 2006

 

May 14 Responses

Good Morning Mark, I don't know who added me to your list - but I'd love to pass on a not so anonymous "Thank You!" to them. I also need to have you change myemail address to XXXX.com from the current one YYYY.com which is about to NOT be my work address any more. It has been quite interesting the last couple of weeks while I am going through the change of job struggle to read your thoughts and those of your other readers. Maybe this philosophical bent has to do with ourinnate human reaction to rebirth and growth? Weirdly enough - the new job has been jumping about like a child who has to go pee - badly! for the past two months waiting for me to get off the pot (so to speak!) I have just been 'musing' over which way to jump! Friday I got a massive shove from a friend in need - and sometimes that is really what it takes. I would have made the change - eventually. But I will always step forward to help a friend in need - especially one who has exhibited thefaith and respect in me that this person has. Especially since he didn't need to. I guess that is sort of how to judge a friend, isn't it? They do things they don't need to, but because they can. Every now and then it is nice to see someone else do that sort of thing. Too little of that these days. But I do believe in leading by example, and eventually some people - hopefully enough people, take note and do more than they needed to - just because they could. EP, Calgary
. . .
I love what you said about your daughters in this note! MM, Calgary
. . .
What loving, warm, insightful words for your daughters. They must be proud of you too!, GR, EdmontonRe: the quote about a mother not existing until a child is born is off I think. Some women who have never had a biological child are more mothers than some who have had whole litters ( or just one single child) Some women are not mothers and never will be regardless of the number of offspring they have. They are too narcissistic, too image conscious ( what their children APPEAR to be is more important that what is actually going inside the child and who they really are) some women have not time for a child and don't care to make any. Other women are mothers from the day they were born, nurturing their friends and pets and any strays of animal or human that they meet along their way. They are the great gardeners, the poets, the mothers of the world. They are the ones who stop to pick up a paper or object that some one else dropped, the ones who speak and smile at the people they pass on the street or in the grocery store. They are the nurturers and no amount of or lack of children can change that. NMB, Airdrie
. . .
Re: "Saying nice things about my relationship with my mother was difficult enough during her life, no less so since her death." and "My relationship with my mother was far from what anyone would desire. No doubt I have some things to discuss with my dad . . the guy who chose my mother for me." . . . Profoundly, lovingly written ... thank you. These thoughts also ring true for me...DE, Maui
. . .
What a beautiful tribute. Even when you become a mother, Mothers day is always about your mum. I had to visit mine at a graveyard today because this day is always about her, not me. I know many women feel this way. My daughter shared the visit with me and we had a lovely talk and walk down memory lane, DL, Calgary
Thankyou for "expecting mothers". Mother's Day is NOT the Hallmark variety, although that is what some mothers get. Some mothers are cherished in memory and in life, some are not. Some mother's are visiting the graves of their children, some have never seen their children, some mother's care for other people's children. Some mother's are Lesbian, some are privileged, some are just grateful. Some fathers are very good mothers. Mother's Day is a reality check. Motherhood is not a static event, sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's great, sometimes things just have to get better. Sometimes we need to nurture others. I am privileged, sometimes it's great and usually it keeps getting better. Yesterday I spent with my mother, still a Goddess at 87. Today I was the guest, celebrating my daughter's recent success and indeed her motherhood. She is already a Goddess at 35. Not sure where that leaves me, but I can't, won't, and have no desire to change anything. RNRN, Calgary

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?