Thursday, April 20, 2006

 

Thursday April 20, 2006 - Year 4, Day 31- puppy vacation

5C/41F, clear, beautiful day; I walked alone for the first time since April 30/05 . . . a very strange feeling walking without my athletic blonde female companion – daily ritual rambling animation set aside for a while; without a leash in one hand & a plastic bag in the other the trees did not seem quite as interesting, regular sniffing & pee stops just stumps & grass

I imagine women & dogs bond well too; unconditional love from friends & family & loves & lovers is great but nothing compares to a boy’s bond with his dog . . . not this boy

I checked Gusta into the Country Club Pet Resort yesterday; she was thrilled as much as I was – it is like the ‘Jasper Park Lodge’ of dog kennels, including concierge service @ check-in; given her reaction to the sights, smells & atmosphere I wonder if she will ever want to leave

advice to middle aged men: if you are having weight, heart or walking trouble, take 1 golden retriever pup daily . . . it will give you everything you require; a year ago I vacillated – get a pup or someone’s ‘experienced’ dog – or none at all ? . . could I cope , could the dog cope with my work/lifestyle ? I had no idea how valuable a decision it was at the time, I had no idea how much I needed therapy from a pup who grew & grew, licked & licked, shed & shed


SC celebrates a birthday today . . not sure where you are . . but have a great trip back from the DR & have a happy birthday … if you are in Edmonton, go to Jack’s & have a piece of turtle pie for me !

I’m comfortable knowing my pooch won’t have enough idle time to miss me; 1 more sleep & I’ll be on vacation too

Mark
342,212

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?