Friday, April 07, 2006

 

Friday April 7, 2006 - Year 4, Day 18 - theory v. reality

4C/39F, drizzling still this morning; an arch in the west endorses prediction of warmer weather this weekend; my thighs are burnin’ this morning after doing stair-master hill last night – we went down to Fish Creek . . Gusta roamed all the muck & came back burr coated & exhausted

the rational side of my brain accepts bizarre [to me] beliefs of people without my skepticism affecting my view of the person . . that’s my theory

when I hear people speak of things I know about or find familiar, I take them at face value to see them somewhat objectively [including those totally right brain accounting types or left brain artists & architects] - I like to think I let my opinion form by seeing them in action & gauging their personality no matter how foreign their views might be

last time I saw her we saw The Graduate [memories of that failed date 36 years ago did not deter me]; I had coffee yesterday with SH, auld acquaintance from school days – someone I had a big crush on in junior high [yes, BH, I’ve tracked down another of your former students]

connecting for a chat & coffee to talk over old times & school day friends could be fun; innocent enough I suppose though unrealistic to expect rekindling of something that never really kindled before

that’s theory

sorry SH, but I was unable to hide my reaction; I did not mean to be or want to be rude, but when I meet someone whose views [maybe you WERE abducted by space aliens who implanted those ‘way beyond new-age’ ideas] seem really weird to me, my reaction is to completely dismiss the person, not just the ideas, out of hand, perhaps missing lots of wonderful things, but the things I consider ‘really weird’ overtakes any generous & kind view I might have had

that’s reality

maybe if we chat again . . I'll be able to hide that view & be more pleasant company

must go now

Gusta is having a daytime nightmare complete with very amusing sound effects; I'll tell her it is all just a dream


Mark
342,524

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?