Friday, April 07, 2006

 

April 6 Responses

For those who are spiritually inclined (deep down aren't we all?), I came across a wonderful little book "Searching for Home...Spirituality for Restless Souls" by Craig Barnes. For the past six months I have been approaching a fork in the road. Two weeks ago I took "the road less traveled." I awake each morning encouraged to know that, in the words of Barnes, "When we no longer attempt to contain God to a particular fork in the road, and see him less as a traffic cop and more as the wild and sacred Lover of our souls, we are free to see that the fork in the road in just a fork in the road." Cheers to all who are at the fork or taking the road less traveled. GD
. . .
How come we always have to make choices? Once again your musings and the Robert Frost poem struck a chord with me. Two jobs many reasons to take either….. equal number against and of course the one I really want to take is the one that pays very poorly. Should I worry about my future or once again throw caution to the wind. I have decided to fly out on Sunday morning. Just can’t get myself organized earlier and it may be no motivation. I am tired and want to go the cabin to recharge before I start work. I need to breathe the ocean air, smell the cedars, hang out in front of the fire, watch the birds and dig in the dirt. Others feel that I need to socialize. I will try to find a balance. I am coming back on Sunday the 16th. I will call you when I am in Calgary. If you have time maybe we can have coffee that morning. DB, Red Deer
. . .
Hi Mark, Haven't written in for ages but I've been reading. Several times I've mentioned that when things get settled or cosy in my life, I deliberately throw a spanner into the works just to liven it up. Sometimes a real risk, other times just a change in routine. Now the big commitment. A dog. My son and I are going to see a retired racing greyhound with a view to adopting her. So I could soon be walking and musing too. The visit to Canada is still in the planning stage. Banff's not cheap is it? But still, it's only money and I'd promised myself a fabulous birthday treat this year. Best do it before I get too old. Perhaps I could have afforded to do it years ago if I hadn't take the path less trodden. But hell, I got here by the scenic route. Have a nice time in Maui (safe option). Best wishes, SK, London, UK

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?