Sunday, April 16, 2006

 

April 16 Responses

Happy Sunday Mark! Perhaps Nose Hill's Peak - where you can actually see the 'island of plenty' - can wait patiently; the big rock is going no where. , BB, Calgary
. . .
Mark, Do you ever get a tune in your cranium that repeats over and over even though you don't want to hum it or even particularly enjoy it? Especially when there is an upcoming event in your life that you are looking forward to. I can't remember who wrote the words "I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again." It may have been Joni Mitchell, but it seems to fit in your case especially the going away part. I want to wish you Bon Voyage and say that I've thoroughly enjoyed working with you over the past few months. You deserve the time away and I look forward to your return. All the best and enjoy yourself., AS, Mayerthorpe
. . .
Well said Mark....I heard a profound phrase once...."We cannot change the world ... we can only change ourselves".......thank you for sharing your thoughts and sending your energy our way.......there is a song by the singer Jewel called "these hands" with the lyrics.....in the end only kindness matters.....so simple but so true. JP, Vancouver
. . .
Hey Mark. Your thoughts on organized religon that you expressed today seem pretty close to mine. Spirituality is NOT about control or power but about the Grace that lives in each thing in our lives, connecting with the elements in our lives, the wind, the sun, the earth under our feet, the unseen world around us. I was about ten when I stated that I didn't believe in God as the church saw him, it didn't feel right to me. (My mother and grandmother(whose father was a preacher) were not amused) Not that I think there is no rhythm or reason to my path only that I don't need the fear of hellfire and brimstone poking at me like a sharp stick to stay on my path. I have never needed a church to commune with the great Spirits who offer knowledge to those who care to listen. Oops, I'll get off my soapbox now. talk to you soon, NB, Airdrie
. . .
Have a good trip to Maui - you deserve it - I'm going there at the end of May but so far am not counting down my sleeps yet, TP, Calgary

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?