Wednesday, March 29, 2006

 

Wednesday Mar. 29, 2006 - Year 4, Day 9 - be a rock

-3C/27F, lifting early fog reveals another spring morning Calgary style; a good walk, damp face, dog pulling hard . . . anxious to chase joggers

know me a little, like me a little – trust me

let me be the pond

you be the rock

who leaves a lasting impression ?

just passing through, or will you stay a while ?

will you only make a temporary ripple on my pond ? or make waves ?

are you just another passenger on my life train . . passing through or by ?

sometimes by sitting still absorbing, more often by an action I take . . the opportunity to send or receive something of value has a rippling effect, carries a message to someone - to impact . or not to impact, that is the question ?

whether I connect directly or indirectly with 4,600 people or 10,000 or a million or just 1; an idea voiced, question asked, mind stimulated can reach a long way

like ripples across a pond produced by a well tossed rock

or sometimes, the other way round

someone tosses a rock in my pond

most ripples make no difference, some are tsunamis

often they push me to a different shore [a Laguna Beach or Maui metaphor perhaps!]

some take me to a place of discomfort, some unsettling spot . . not good or bad, just new

every day, I get to choose to be the rock, or the pond, as do you

actions/reactions impact many or a few

but rarely do they impact no one at all

let someone else be the rock today, I want to be the pond

a pond temporarily affected by the rock, gets a chance to see its impact, then settles back to its previous state within minutes . .

I’m like that sometime, a rock tossed in your pond

some days I would rather receive

let me be the pond

you be the rock

Mark
342,740

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?