Tuesday, March 28, 2006

 

Tuesday Mar. 28, 2006 - Year 4, Day 8 - feeling pale

-2C/28F, light sky, fresh cool breeze in Evergreen this morning; heel better today, but not I’m taking care not to over-do it again . . Gusta was tracking & dragging me along like we were tracking big game – her quest looked like a white toilet brush with the handle removed on 4 mini-legs

PG has a birthday today, congrats ! . . call from SC last night, great to hear from you

from often perverse & varied beginnings I count special people in my life as part of my wealth, not for a balance sheet value, but for my sense of connectedness to them I value so much

years later, many such connections have endured, notwithstanding neglect, strife & bad behaviour on my part

I remember promises made & best intentions gone astray; but long after - far from anything I would have ever expected, from failure to nurture & tend a rose garden something far better resulted – trust & love & understanding

discussions recently while ‘new-connection making’ proves over & over how much I thrill to cultivate connections with interesting people in my life

sometimes short term goals, sometimes long term ones – or - best of all, no goals at all

depth in people - not measured in distance or volume - but in quality

depth & warmth are traits of brains & personality that do not lend themselves to being measured; why settle for less than depth ?

the next great treasure in my life could be around a corner or far away, someone of value . . valued . . treasured; in my postal code . . or on the other side of this continent or around the world somewhere

before I head to Hawaii for joyful times in paradise, maybe I need to visit a tanning place a few times first . . or maybe I should seek medical attention; I’m feeling pale

maybe I just need to stray off my diet a little & taste desert

the Maui Kamaole & Little Beach & Wailea golf are tugging at me, counting down

paradise seems closer
Mark
342,764

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?