Tuesday, March 21, 2006

 

Tuesday Mar. 21, 2006 - Year 4, Day 1 – today is vernal

-5C/23F, overcast & fresh; gloves not mitts, shoes not boots . . Gusta romps & sheds like any other day, not knowing today is special

all over the world today this is the vernal equinox (first day of spring); I looked up ‘vernal’ . . youthful: suggestive of youth; vigorous and fresh; "he is young for his age" ; of or characteristic of or occurring in spring; "the vernal equinox"

I had lunch with GD, thanks . . & thanks for the book . .

to SM in Calgary & CM in Edmonton, your birthday’s today should turn back the clock; happy birthday my friends, you are not just getting better, you’re getting older too . . wishing you many amore!

any day . . not just this one, I question relevance of what I write, how I work, how I live

any day . . I wonder what strikes a chord & I wonder why

this earth, today, is a better place than it was yesterday, better than it was 3 yrs. ago; still a place of 6 billion imperfect people each wanting to live, love, play & work

6 billion of us mostly wanting the same things – odd that we cannot find more common denominators ??

3 yrs ago we were 8, now we are more - 4593 - welcome to spring my musing friends

3 yrs ago today, I wrote this first musing:

March 21/03, as a war was starting in Iraq:
it was a great day for my walk this morning . .

the river is flowing . . the geese are crapping in the water and short old oriental people are out walking along with cyclists going too fast and runners dot the landscape

but you know, there are no oil wells on fire, no one is wearing camouflage, the rumble of traffic was commuters on their way to work in their SUV's . . not the roar of 70 ton tanks !!

life is good this morning
we are safe & well
the challenges of this day are few compared to the situation of many . . .
happy spring . . .happy Friday ..

Mark
342,032

3 yrs ago today, the first musing responses:March 21, 2003
You forgot to add that there weren't any war protesters blocking traffic and setting themselves on fire! Hope you're well.; KF

My Friend ,I appreciate your reflection on the day---we are truly a blessed group; JJ

Thanks for your thought darling! You're so right. The other day on the phone I was talking to a friend who was complaining about what? (something) - and she was waiting for me to reciprocate the experience, I said "I can't forget how fortunate I am - my child is safe, I'm safe, I'm not packing my most precious belongings into a cart to leave my home in search of a haven, I bathe in more drinkable water every morning than many women have for their entire families......We are SO LUCKY!" ; MP

And Happy Spring to you. Thank you for the reminder. It is not blue sky and sunshine here but the mercury is higher and one can sense that spring is possible. And on the other side as you point out we have many blessings that too often we take for granted. Hope all is well. SC
Nice......feelings!!! nice thoughts !!!!! nice morning to us !!!!! !! thanks to Lord !! one reflection.....! The violence done in our name in time before memory; the unremembered wounds we have inflicted; the injuries we cannot forget and for which we have not been forgiven ! The remembrance of them is grievous to us; the burden of them.....is intolerable!!!! Mark.....Many, many happy ...spring days !!!!!; MdP

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?