Sunday, March 05, 2006

 

Sunday Mar. 5, 2006 - Year 3, Day 348 – paws to reflect

-16C/3F, clear calm chilly, a red ball came over the horizon to melt the ice-fog as limping owner shortchanged dog with only a short walk this morning [I should have iced it last night!]

but we made up for it; Gusta started her breakfast with a large bowl of butterscotch ripple ice cream . . the perfect birthday treat . . she’s 1 today

most of last winter I vacillated, the question ‘get a dog or not get a dog ?’ ringing in my head each morning when I walked – then the debate of ‘get a new dog [meaning puppy] vis-à-vis a mature mutt from the pound; I’ve never regretted going the puppy route for a moment

I’m convinced middle-aged men should determine the amount of exercise they need, then get a puppy of a breed that needs that much; if you start with a pup you can build up your strength slowly !

that wet nose in my face that stirs me when I’ve fallen asleep on the couch is in part because we need a walk, but more I think because she likes me better with a good night’s sleep !

‘To a dog the whole world is a smell.’ - Unknown

woof !

I did a weigh-in on my gym trip; after the 1st week of my ‘lose 31 lbs. In 31 weeks’ plan it appears I’ve gone off schedule & lost 2½ already

I’m quite tired this morning – I had a restless night, up several times; nap time now

Mark
342,416

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?