Sunday, March 12, 2006

 

Sunday Mar. 12, 2006 - Year 3, Day 356 – knee-jerk

-11C/12F, overcast with fresh snow covering all the ice & ruts, Gusta & I like ungulates – not just walking on toes/hoofs but as if he had none at all, more like sliding goats than dog & owner . . . cheeks chilled

I went to a movie with AW last night; the chick flick ‘Failure to Launch’ failed to launch, next time I pick !

6 days left to go till the big BOMA Gala - it’s work load should diminishes eventually; I’m weary & cranky - good thing it is just 6

remaining detached from issues & personalities is easy when I don’t care, impossible when I do

‘ You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you mad.’ - Aldous Huxley

it is interesting I think, when I was young & trying to impress DB I spend many hours in the library reading Huxley & others, she was oblivious to my existence then as she is oblivious to my feelings now

as I wring my hands a little [DB’s neck not being available] this morning it seems fitting somehow it is Huxley’s words that help me unclench, relax & detach from words that were probably not meant to injure . .

seriously Dix, you have some facts right, but perspective skewed & we should talk . . but not today

remaining detached from things/people/ideas is easy, unless I care; knee-jerk reactions, are something I have less & less often – but when I do, surely I am more jerk than knee

remaining detached from a point of view is easy unless it’s yours, or unless it’s the ridiculous comment of someone you care about

when knee has jerked, it’s a bit like trying to get the egg back in the shell

some days I jerk

Mark
342,248

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?