Saturday, March 04, 2006

 

Saturday Mar. 4, 2006 - Year 3, Day 347 - it happens

-13C/9F, cloudy & calm; Gusta strained to walk faster as I held her back – I’m walking better today but my left foot still keeps me off pace; with 3 on the go, I’ve gained an appreciation for frozen gel-packs + the Tensor bandage that holds them in place

a birthday weekend in my life, Gusta is a year tomorrow [today is the last day I can legally call her puppy] & Carla is 28 today; 28 years ago this morning, about 6 AM, a new girl came into my life – CK, Carla, 1st born, 10 fingers, 10 toes, a perfect little package – happy birthday Carla – see you tomorrow

I’ve been mulling recent experiences, conversations & revelations – each concerning me & a woman of interest – each brought out both the best of me & the worst of me – thinking a while about how those conversations were left, how I feel, what I learned – or didn’t

examining ‘where I am at’ – is not an every day activity

it happens once in a while - on a calm day sipping coffee staring out a window

it happens when my picture from self-examination says ‘aha, that’s where I am at’

it happens . . & then that framework/picture gets shelved away until something happens to shake that picture up a little

it happens . . that something’s been shaking

‘Of any stopping place in life, it is good to ask whether it will be a good place from which to o on as well as a good place to remain.’ – Mary Catherine Bateson

today seems like a time to sit on the couch, stare out the window & make another pot

it happens

Mark
342,440

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?