Saturday, March 18, 2006

 

Saturday Mar. 18, 2006 - Year 3, Day 363 - my 3rd way

-4C/25F overcast, a few fresh flakes & calm; we explored around the Lagoon, Gusta visited every bare patch sniffing all winter left which smells – it seems there is a lot . . .

good morning to you, 4600 spokes on this wheel of mine; I am your hub

from lark-beginning, I am constantly amazed it continues to attract, amuse & be valued by so many of you. It validates me, gets me into trouble, spurs discussion, relates to most of us one way or another & teaches me more about life & feelings than anything else I’ve encountered

when I start something deliberate it is with a notion that I know what it might become, path it might take or a destination

my adventurous/misadventurous beginnings principally fall into 2 groups

the 1st, those which wither, wander off course, self destruct or prove to be illusions; they are relegated to a ditch, a drawer, a trash bin/ ‘deleted’ or forgotten in the daily buzz or they manifest vocally as ‘NEXT’

the 2nd, those which take on some real life – rarely as first imagined – a credible path & something dynamic, but rarely taking the path I first imagined

the 3rd [yes there are 3], those that ‘just happened’, not by deliberate means but by accident, circumstance, dumb luck or bull-in-china-shop luck; never an expected result, never an expected path, never an expected outcome; often tumultuous, often dangerous, often sad, often euphoric – always worth it

musings, in this 3rd group. started by being a smart-arse with my daughter Carla, inspired by 7 who cared, we 8 have begat an interesting collection

3 days to 3rd anniversary of the first of these musings

4th year lurks, looms; uncharted waters

Columbus lacked a map, so did Fraser, Thompson & Mackenzie as they explored the unknown with faith they could find a way & record it - so others could follow; they had faith the flat earth folks were wrong & their skills would get them through the danger zones

tonight’s gala or this 3rd year; each product of a year’s work . . not a climax, not an anti-climax either; 1 is relief of anxiety, the other is anxiety prevention

to those I’ve wronged this year, you are in my thoughts, to those who wronged me this year, I cannot remember a thing – none will be important a year from now

to those I’ve missed; please come back

to those I’ve dismissed; bye

to those who dismiss me; fools & idiots . . the earth is not flat & I will find my way

Mark
342,104

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?